As young girls our concept of acceptable physical beauty begins to shape. The 2013 Women's Summit, Perfectly Imperfect, is a conference where any woman, regardless of age, ethnicity or background, can relate and experience life change.
Our Keynote Speaker Jen Wilkin will help us unpack why it's so difficult to reconcile our outward appearance with our inward self, along with:
- What is the line between caring for ourselves and chasing attractiveness?
- How can Jesus enable us to conquer the monster of comparison to make peace with the skin we're in?
- How can we learn to regard our bodies as instruments of worship?
Jen Wilkin is a speaker, writer and teacher of women’s Bible studies in Dallas, Texas. She and her family have been members of The Village Church in Flower Mound, Texas for five years, where she currently serves on staff. She writes and teaches the Flower Mound Women’s Bible Study and co-teaches a parenting class with her husband Jeff. Jen and Jeff have four children (13-17 years old), and have been married for 20 years.
Jen grew up in Texas, and came to saving faith in elementary school. Her childhood was marked by time spent in seven different denominations – a range of experience that left her with the conviction that knowing the Word was the only sure means of discerning truth from error. Jen’s passion is to see women become articulate and committed followers of Christ, with a clear understanding of why they believe what they believe, grounded in the Word of God.
Follow Jen on Twitter (@jenniferwilkin) and read her blog at jenwilkin.blogspot.com.
We are thrilled to have Contemporary Christian artist Bethany Dillon lead worship at the Women's Summit. Bethany started playing guitar at age 10 and her musical career launched at age 13, recording an independent album (Vulnerable). Audiences connected with her first record almost immediately, and the results included several hit singles, multiple Dove nods, critical acclaim and an exponentially increasing grassroots fan base that propelled her career forward in great leaps.
Bethany now has five hit albums and married Shane Barnard of Shane & Shane in 2008. They have two children, Lucy and Haven Anne.
- Check-in and same-day registration begins at 8:30am (coffee and merchandise will be available prior to the first worship session at 9:30am).
- Throughout the day we'll have three short worship sessions led by contemporary Christian artist Bethany Dillon and two speaker sessions with national speaker Jen Wilkin.
- Childcare is not available for this event.
- If you are a Hope attendee, you will have an opportunity to get connected with a small group.
Tickets are $15/person. Costs include admission, materials and lunch (Jason's Deli).