Message-Based Study Guides
Looking Back, Looking Forward (2023)
Message-based study guide for small groups
In order to show Jesus’ compassion to others, we need to receive the compassion that Jesus has for us.
What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?
Looking back at this year, what are some specific ways you are thankful for God’s work in your group? What are some of your hopes for the group next year?
Read Matthew 9:35-10:8 and discuss:
- What does this passage show you about Jesus?
- What does this passage say about what God wants for you and from you?
- What is a truth in this passage that encourages or challenges you the most? Why?
- Why do you think it is important to know Jesus has compassion on you?
This week, spend some extra time praying that each of you and the Church would be able to help others know the love of Jesus this Christmas. Break up into groups of 2-3 and pray about the following questions.
- How do you need to trust or receive God’s compassion for you?
- How do you need to show God’s compassion to others more?
- Who in your life do you want to pray would come to know Jesus this Christmas?
Spend time praying together as the Holy Spirit leads.