Message-Based Study Guides
Cryptic Currency – Week One
Message-based study guide for small groups
If we want to learn to handle money in a healthy way, we need to embrace the principle that “God is the owner, and we are the steward.”
If you were given 1 million dollars tomorrow, what is the most fun thing you would do with it?
When you think back to how you’ve learned to handle your money, what (or who) has been the biggest influence in this area of your life?
Read Matthew 25:14-30 and discuss:
- How does this passage help you understand what it means to be a “steward” of what God has entrusted you?
- Which of the following Biblical truths from this passage is most convicting or challenging to you? Why?
- God is the owner of everything
- God has entrusted me with what I have.
- God gives different amounts to each person and asks us to be faithful.
- God will hold us accountable for how we use what He has given us.
- What is one way you are most excited to be investing your talents and resources in God’s Kingdom?
- How would your life be different if you embraced the principle that “God is the owner, and you are the steward” more fully in your life?
Have everyone take a few minutes to pray and reflect about:
- Is there any way God wants you to think differently about how you handle your money?
- Is there anything God is leading you to do differently with your money?
- What is the next step of faithfulness you could take?
Depending on time, either break up into groups of 2-3 or share with the group what God puts on your heart. Pray for each other as the Holy Spirit leads.
If your group needs help to grow in stewardship, here are some great resources Hope provides:
- Financial Coaching: Personalized coaching to help you from wherever you are starting
- Financial Foundations: Online videos to equip you build a more biblical foundation of stewardship