Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network (WIHN)
The specific purpose of Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network is to provide temporary stability to homeless families as they work toward permanent independence. WIHN promotes a sense of community and self-worth, and assists families in learning the skills necessary to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Serve as a weekend day center supervisor for a 3-5 hour shift at the center on Saturday or Sunday.
- Help with special projects or bring your small group to provide lunch, do crafts or play games with teh children and families in the emergency shelter program at the center on the weekend.
- Donate needed supplies to WIHN's current wishlist.
July is Hope's month to sponsor WIHN in 2013. There are many volunteer opportunities for individuals, small groups and families to serve and make a difference in our community.
July 2013 Needs:
- Monday Nights: Provide and serve dinner at the WIHN center for 16-18 children of all ages from the transitional apartments while their parent/parents attend required Lifeskills classes to ensure they successfully sustain their independence.
- Choose a Monday to provide childcare from 6:15-730pm. Volunteers can bring crafts or game for the kids, read to them, sing songs or just hang out. We need around 8 adult volunteers for this and your kids are welcome to help out.
- Saturday, July 20: Help celebrate the July birthdays for those in the transitional apartments.
- Help clean and replenish apartments as families move to permanent housing as needed.