Reflection + Resources: Husbands
House of Cards | 11.14.2021
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
- What are you most grateful for about the kind of love Jesus has for you?
- How do you need to trust Jesus’ grace and forgiveness in your relationships?
- If you are married, how can you love your spouse more like Jesus loves the Church?
- Use the prayer guide below and write a prayer in your own words.
Spend some time in silent prayer with God. You can use the PRAY acronym below to guide you.
- P: Praise – Spend some time thanking God for who He is in your life.
- R: Real life – Spend some time engaging God about your real needs and concerns.
- A: Ask – Ask for God’s provision, love, and power to be made known to people in your life.
- Y: Your will – Spend some time being silent and listening for God’s direction.
“Father, thank You that Your love for me never changes. Help me to develop Your vision for my life and relationships, especially in marriage. Please forgive me for the ways I have settled for the world’s vision of love rather than the vision of Your Word. I ask that You would strengthen my heart by Your grace to love my spouse and/or those around me more like Jesus. Amen.”
The Parent Hub: Resources to help you talk about God’s view of sex and healthy relationships
Books and Additional Resources on Marriage from a Christ-Centered Perspective: